Talking about health and weight loss, we always want to be fit, trim, slim and healthy. And being healthy depends on the foods we eat. So, to maximize effects of being healthy, it is better to cook and eat healthy food, regularly. To encourage that among our readers, we are introducing Healthy Recipes, segment. Whatever we prepare and eat, how we prepare, what to prepare and how healthy, it can be are highly important. Hence, Healthy Recipes segment will try to highlight that part in coming days too. As you have read about Vegetable Oats Broth, now, try this Quinoa Upma.
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon urad dal½
- teaspoon moong dal
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 chilli
- Pinch of hing/asafoetida
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in a mesh strainer.
- Set aside after draining the water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, moong dal and stir.
- Add chopped ginger, chillies, asafoetida (optional).
- Add onions, curry leaves and stir again.
- Next add finely chopped carrots, french beans and frozen peas.
- Stir well and add quinoa to it.
- Saute on low flame and then add water and salt to taste.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer on low heat until the quinoa seeds are cooked.
- Stir once or twice to keep it from sticking to the pan.
For celebrating Holi you can visit these places!