While trying to lose weight, a lot of people start skipping their breakfast. However, several studies have found that people who eat breakfast are more likely to have lower BMIs and a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Skipping breakfasts can also lead to bloating and you may end up eating too much during lunch or dinner.
A high protein breakfast has been shown to support weight loss by increasing muscle mass, calories burned, satiety hormones, glucose regulation and by decreasing the desire to snack at night. If you are a vegetarian, here are some delicious recipes you can try.
- 1 cup quinoa,
- 1/2 capsicum,
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage,
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder,
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder,
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves,
- 1 large onion,
- 1/2 carrot,
- 3 tablespoon gram flour,
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder,
- salt as required, and
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
How to make quinoa cutlet
- Soak quinoa for 30 minutes. Then add it to the blender and blend to form a thick paste.
- Add 1-2 tbsp water if needed.Transfer the quinoa paste to a bowl.
- Add finely chopped onion, capsicum, carrot, cabbage and coriander leaves.
- Also add besan, salt, coriander powder, dry mango powder and red chili powder.
- Mix everything well to form a thick mixture.
- Add one tbsp oil on a non-stick pan and let it heat.
- Make small tikkis from the mixture and place them on the pan. Cook from both sides until golden brown. Serve hot.
2.Bean sprouts salad:-
- 200 gram bean sprouts,
- 2 tbsp carrots (shredded),
- 2 tbsp cucumber (sliced), and
- 2 tbsp spring onion (shredded).
- For dressing:-
- 2 tbsp oil,
- 1 tbsp vinegar,
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped), and
- 2 green chillies (shredded).
How to make bean sprouts salad:-
- The recipe is super simple.
- Toss all the salad items together in a big bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in another bowl and pour it over the salad.
- Season and serve.
3.Coconut and chia seed pudding:-
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk,
- 1/2 cup chia seeds,
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, and
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
How to make coconut and chia seed pudding
- Take a bowl and add coconut milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- Before serving, you can also chop and add pieces of fresh, seasonal fruits.
- Enjoy as is, or layer with compote or fresh fruit!
- You can also add crunchy homemade granola with dry nuts.
Should you drink overnight kept water?