Aloe Vera is a popular plant mostly used for its medicinal properties. Aloe Vera gel is extracted from the leaves and used for topical applications like moisturizing the face, using in hair packs and even soothing sunburns. But do you know that consuming Aloe Vera gel can benefit you more? It helps in improving digestion, lowers blood sugar levels, eases joint pain, boosts immunity and also heals you internally. Confused about how to consume Aloe Vera gel? Here are some easy-to-make recipes that can be prepared with fresh Aloe Vera gel.
1.Aloe Vera Sabzi:-
- 2 aloe vera sticks
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp hing
- 1 green chilli
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp fennel seeds powder
- ½ tsp amchur powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- and salt as per taste.
- Wash the aloe vera sticks well and cut the sides to remove the thorns.
- Now chop the aloe vera into small pieces.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot.
- Add 1 pinch turmeric and ½ tsp salt.
- Add chopped aloe vera pieces and let them boil for 8 minutes.
- Take out the boiled pieces in a bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, hing, chopped green chilli and saute for a minute.
- Add boiled aloe vera pieces along with turmeric, coriander powder, fennel seeds powder, amchur powder and salt.
- Mix and cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve the sabzi with chapati and enjoy.
2.Aloe Vera Pickle:-
- 2-3 aloe vera sticks,
- 4 tbsp mustard oil,
- 1 tsp cumin seeds,
- 1 tsp kalonji,
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds,
- 1 tsp mustard seeds,
- 1 tsp turmeric powder,
- 1 tsp red chilli powder and salt.
- Cut the sides of the aloe vera sticks and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot and drop the pieces into it.
- Boil for 3 minutes and strain the excess water.
- Place the pieces on a towel or cotton cloth and let them dry completely.
- Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds to a pan and dry roast for a few minutes.
- Now ground them to form a coarse powder.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and once it is hot enough, pour it into a bowl.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric and salt.
- Also add kalonji and the ground spice powder that we prepared.
- Also add the aloe vera pieces and give a good mix.
- Store the Achaar into an airtight container.
- 1.5 litres of milk,
- 4-5 sticks of aloe vera,
- 100 grams sugar,
- 1 cup dessicated coconut,
- 1 tsp desi ghee and
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder.
- Cut the aloe vera horizontally and take out all the pulp in a bowl.
- Add aloe vera pulp to a blender and blend to form juice.
- In a pot, add milk and let it come to a boil.
- Add the aloe vera juice to it and give a good mix.
- Cook for two minutes and add sugar to the pot.
- Cook for two minutes more and add coconut powder to it.
- Stir and cook till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Lastly add desi ghee and green cardamom powder.
- Switch off the flame and take out the mixture onto a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spread to form a layer with barf-like thickness.
- Let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes and then cut into pieces.
4.Aloe Vera Juice:-
- 1 stick of aloe vera,
- ½ inch ginger,
- ½ lemon,
- ½ tsp honey
- and ¼ cup of water.
- Wash the aloe vera sticks and cut them into half.
- Scoop out all the gel and add to a blender.
- Now add ¼ cup of water to it.
- If you want the juice to be thinner, you can add ¼ cup of extra water.
- Add ginger pieces and blend on high speed.
- Strain the juice into a glass and add lemon juice to it.
- Mix in honey and drink on an empty stomach for maximum benefits.
Sanjay Dutt has been confirmed to be part of Thalapathy67!