Winter season is here and so is the most sensitive period for our immune systems.A majority of us fall sick during winters and fall prey to the common viral infections.In order to keep immunity at an all-time high,it is important to keep a check on our diet and include some immunity-boosting elements in it.Here are 5 easy-to-make drinks that you can have at bedtime and strengthen your body from within.
Turmeric Milk, also dubbed as Golden Milk which helps in building and strengthening the immune system is a must-have drink, especially during winters.
Ingredients required:-1 cup milk, 1 green cardamom, ½ teaspoon turmeric, 1 pinch black pepper powder, ¼ tsp ghee and 1 tsp jaggery powder.
- In a pan, add ghee and heat it a bit.
- Pour milk into it and give a stir.
- Now let the milk come to a boil.
- Add turmeric powder, green cardamom powder and black pepper powder.
- Stir and simmer for two minutes.
- Pour the milk into a cup and mix in jaggery powder.
Ingredients required- 1 cup water, 1 tsp lemongrass tea (or 2 inch stem of fresh lemongrass), 4 tulsi leaves and a few drops of lemon.
- In a pan, boil 1 cup of water along with tulsi leaves.
- Always tear the tulsi leaves and then add it to the water to extract all the flavours.
- Once the water comes to a boil, pour it in a cup and add lemongrass tea to it.
- Stir and cover with a lid.
- Let the lemongrass tea steep for two minutes.
- Now strain the tea into a cup and mix in a few drops of lemon in it.
- Stir and serve.
Ingredients required- 1-inch ginger, 1¼ cup of water and 1 pinch black pepper powder.
- In a pan, add water and keep on medium flame.
- Now take a ginger, peel the skin and slice into 4-5 slices.
- Add the ginger slices to the pan and let it simmer till the water reduces to 1 cup.
- Strain the tea into a cup and mix in black pepper powder.
- Don’t skip adding black pepper powder as it gives a strong flavour and helps in boosting immunity in combination with ginger.
Ingredients required- 1.5 teaspoons chamomile dried flowers, 1 cup water and 1 tsp honey.
- The combination of chamomile with honey is not only a delight to have but also helps in inducing better sleep.
- In a pan, boil 1 cup of water. Once it comes to a boil, switch off the flame.
- Add dried chamomile flowers and cover with a lid.
- Let the dried flowers steep for not more than two minutes.
- Strain the tea into a cup and mix in honey.
- Gir a stir and serve hot.
Ingredients required- 1¼ cup of water, 1-inch cinnamon, 1 star anise, 2 peppercorns and 2 cloves.
- Add 1½ cup of water to a pot.
- Now add spices like cinnamon, peppercorn, clove and star anise to it.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer till the water reduces to 1 cup.
- Strain the drink into a cup and consume warm.
- To balance the spice flavours, you can also add some tulsi leaves while making the tea and even add some lemon drops when the tea is ready.
Is it compulsory to use hair conditioner every time?